Making Democracy Work
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging informed and active participation in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Calendar of Events Learn More
- Meetings and Events of Interest to the League and the Public
Voter Service Learn More
- Election information including Voter Guides when available
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured?
Your Elected Officials Learn More
- Find your elected officials at the national, state and local level.
Useful Links Learn More
- Links to government and related sites
The Midland Voter Newsletter Learn More
- The electronic Voter Newsletter is replacing The Midland Voter. It will be published after each monthly board meeting. Contact this website to subscribe.
Local League Position Statements Learn More
- Local League positions adopted after study and consensus.
Resources for Study and Consensus Learn More
- Papers and links for resources related to current programs
Advocacy Learn More
- Action based on League Positions
Great Decisions Learn More
- The Great Decisions program is a series of discussions on current international issues based on materials from the Foreign Policy Association.
2015-2016 Program Year Board Learn More
- Board Members and Meeting Schedule
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
Infomation for Voters
Nonpartisan information on candidates and ballot proposals can be found here at Vote 411
. State-specific voter registration requirements, election dates, and local polling addresses are also available on the site.
Making Democracy Work
Watch interviews with local citizens who are active in making democracy work. The shows are available online at the MCTV website. Search on the Community Voices channel for 'Making Democracy Work'.
Join us on Facebook
Our original website was created in 1998 with gifts made in memory of Mary Dee Rieke, a founding member of the LWV of the Midland Area, our second president, and an active participant in League throughout her life. We remember her with gratitude.